Friday, September 26, 2008

We are in the midst of an indian summer/early fall, but I thought I'd post a few photos of the ankle biter that we took this summer.

Here she is chowing down on some freshly picked strawberries in our strawberry patch. You should have seen her in action -- you would think I starved the kid.
What the hubby and I discovered during one of those "Uh-oh, I don't hear anything going on upstairs". The dress she has on was one she wore for Christmas, she located a pair of tights somewhere in her closet and the crown was a purchase we had made the day before. Obviously, she enjoys dressing up. Her comment to us? "Look mommy, daddy, I'm a bride." I said, "No, not until you're 30."And this last one of her on the carousel at Janzten Beach. She loved it so much we thought she would never leave. It was one of her first "real" carousel rides (the small kiddie version doesn't count, right?).

Speaking of which, we decided to join a friend of ours and her little girl on Saturday at the A.C. Gilbert's Discovery Village and then for a spin on the Salem Carousel before going to lunch. It's free admission day at the House for Albany residents. We haven't been to either place with the kidlet so it should be fun.

We saw the sports med doc for hubby's back/leg and even he was confounded. He said that he tried to see if it was a nerve vs back issue and had him do several things to he could rule one or the other out. But to no avail. He's ordering a nerve test which will be done next week. The saga continues....poor guy. I think he's tired of watching TV, reading and the computer. I know he'd much rather be at work.

My sister-in-law in Hawaii and a good friend of mine who lives here are both pregnant and due the first week of October. It has been lots of fun purchasing boy clothes for my sister-in-law (which I never get to do since I had girls) and cute girly stuff for my friend. Then we heard from hubby's best friend and he and his wife are expecting a boy. So I'll have to go on another shopping trip soon since all the summer stuff is on sale (they live in Hawaii).

Stampin' UP! now offers on-line ordering! Thank God; we've come into the internet age. They have been avoiding it like the plague because they really want us to be the first line with our customers. I love the idea that folks can place an order, 24/7 and get it shipped directly to them. It gives me more time to concentrate on workshops and classes. And hey, I'm still here and customers know they can call me at any time if they have a stamping/scrapbooking question. Here's the tip, though. Visit my website and order through there; not the main website. Otherwise, the prices will be higher when you order through the main website. My Stampin' UP! website is always on this blog, under "Links" - Create with Rubberprincess! If you forget, no problem, just visit the main site and click on Find a Demonstrator. Enter my name in the Demonstrator Directory and then click on my website and you're there! To order, look at the top right hand corner for the icon SHOP NOW. If you're interested in becoming a demonstrator, then click JOIN NOW.

Off to play!

No comments: