Sunday, March 22, 2009

Porkapalooza!

Tonight we have a date night and we are going to Sybaris for a special meal called Porkapalooza! Our friends Matt and Janel own this cute downtown restaurant and we love going there for our special days for dinner. Visit the website to see what the menu will be. Who doesn't love pork? About 5 weeks ago, we had a call from Janel saying that they were going to serve a packed house and were we sure we wanted to come. Heck yes, we said and she said awesome, you have the last two seats! Luckily she called since I was thinking there was lots of time to make reservations!

Yesterday I made 10 cards - birthday, thinking of you and thank you cards. It was with a kit that Stampin' UP! sells. I'll take some photos and post them here later. They were quick and easy to make, even I was surprised at how fast I did them. The colors are a fall color pallette, but I figured I could send them later during the year. The next set of cards will be done with spring colors and I have to do some Easter cards as well. I can't believe Easter is almost here.

Friday was the first day of spring. My allergies are going to kick up into high gear. I saw that the cherry, pear and other trees are beginning to bloom. I remember when I first moved here and experienced my first spring. I LOVED it, they are so beautiful to see. Now all I can think of is how long will they bloom and how miserable will I be. That's sad. I did a allergy "scratch" test last fall and they told me that I'm allergic to everything except for one mold. Nice. Welcome to the Willamette Valley!

Will post about the Porkapalooza later!

No comments: