Monday, September 01, 2008

Happy Labor Day

The photo above is from the Teddy Bear Picnic that we attended at the public library a few weeks back. The squirt's bear got the "Cuddliest Bear" award. Note the cereal necklace that was eaten before we even stepped into the house.

Yesterday it rained cats and dogs here and I thought wait a minute; isn't it still considered summer? Today proved me right. Lots of sunshine but I didn't get out of the house (yet).

The kid is fussy as fussy can be. I would like to take her for a haircut before her first day at preschool tomorrow, but I don't think she could handle it --- she'd probably have a meltdown at the hairdresser's. So I will try later on this week. This is what happens when toddlers are outgrowing their naps. You have to PLAN everything on their attitude at the moment.

We purchased a CuttleKids, one of those die cutting machines for little kids. The Cuttlebug is the adult version. Ever since we've played with it (only once), she is driving me crazy wanting to do more of it. Of course I think of all the other things I should be doing like finishing up laundry and getting stuff ready for tomorrow.

I have to still run out and get TP of all things. And Costco is closed so I am forced to buy at the local market down the street. If I can just MAKE myself go and do it. I keep thinking, well, can't I just wing it until tomorrow? This is nuts, I know. Once a Costco addict; always a Costco addict.

On Saturday we took a drive out to McMinnville. Mostly because I was bored to death and tired of cleaning the house. That's all it seems that I do these days. We drove around McMinnville; had lunch at the City Park and had the kid run out all the energy (and yet she still had more). We packed a picnic lunch and had a laid back afternoon. We checked out the sites where Costco is hoping to locate a new warehouse. I really like McMinnville and would jump at the chance to move there if the hubby could get promoted again. We took the long way out towards Newberg and through Tigard back to I-5. Of course since we were this far we might as well go to Beaverton to Uwajimaya. So we ended up there; bought some of our comfort foods and then headed home. Luckily for us the kid slept from Newberg to Beaverton so no meltdown at the store. She saw the Hello Kitty displays and did the "I wannas" but it didn't work on us this time around.

Anyway, I am hoping that I can get the laundry all done and get to sleep at a reasonable hour. The hubby finally goes back to work tomorrow after being off on temp disability. We are hoping he has recovered enough to be back at work full time. We shall see!

I have trimmed a few of my stamp sets but they are still virgins. No ink has touched them! I have to make a birthday card and finish up writing thank you cards for the kid's bday gifts (which was in June!!). I am so way behind it's pitiful. I hope to get to the new stamps and play with them sometime this week.

I'm updating my page as I have time so make sure you check out the links when you get a chance.

No comments: