Wednesday, November 19, 2008

November already?!

Half the month has gone by and this is my first post. Everyone who knows me knows that this is the busiest time of the year for non profit foundations. Yes, that's when we ask you to open your pocketbooks and give us some of your hard earned cash. Well, not exactly word for word like I'm writing, but you get the idea. With so many people losing jobs or jobs not being filled due to the doom and gloom on the boob tube, our foundation has been pretty fortunate. I haven't seen much of a slowdown during this "downturn in the economy". I'm not saying that some states aren't in a "downturn", there are a few. There are just signs that I see around Oregon that doesn't show much of it. Sure, the state won't get their share of your money and they need to use what all of the other folks use -- uh, it's called a BUDGET?! Or those poor banking institutions and car makers who need a "bailout". Yeah. Talk about personal responsibility. I don't think I'll request a bailout of my own, thank you very much. I'd rather not have the government in any of my business -- you know that the government does such a wonderful job with finances (that's why kids are learning the word DEFICIT?) I don't expect anyone to take care of me and my family. That's my/my family's job. I'm not waiting for the knight in shining armor to get elected to "save me and rescue me". I don't rely on the new President to do anything for me, really. Why? Because I'm personally responsible for me. I am so sick and tired of hearing the victim mentality. What is XXX going to do for us? When are those losers going to figure out that they need to get a clue and fix their own life? The problem and solution to everything begins with you. I think the big businesses that need a bailout need to hear a word that has just two letters in it. It's something I say to my preschooler all the time. NO. I'm not a mean mommy -- I just am one that thinks kids don't "need" everything. So there. There's my ranting for the week!

I am working on Christmas gift tags for the presents that need to be wrapped and sent to Hawaii. I have most of them purchased but I can't wrap them until I get the gift tags done! That's my small task this week. Then off to make my usual handmade Christmas cards and order those photo cards from Costco. We've got the photos but I just haven't decided what design looks best.

I haven't even started on Thanksgiving cards and that's already coming up next week. I'll be lucky if I get any cards sent out to the parents. I fully intend to sit and play on Saturday and do absolutely NO housework. I need to de-stress from work as I've been putting in tons of hours and it's not making me a happy mama. The kiddo has her own set of Disney Princess rubber stamps as well as other craft "stuff". So hopefully that will keep her busy. I tried to get a few of the church ladies to come over but I think they all may be busy this weekend. No Beaver home game, so I was hoping folks could come over and hang out. We'll see.

The wedding for the older kiddo was last week. And that's all I'm saying about it.

By the way, if you are looking for a deal on scrapbooking rub ons, visit my Stampin' UP! website for the November special. Purchase anything for $20 and get as many rub ons as you want for under $9! Awesome deal.

Later!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

First of all, I couldn't agree with you more on all this bailout BS. Accountability, people! Whatever happened to the phrase, "You made your bed - now sleep in it!"?

Sorry to hear work has been so busy. Good job on meeting your fund-raising goals! We've had to scale back on who we've donated to this year. I've singled out 3 from the usual 5 or 6. Did you read my post about OSU asking for $300? Puh-leeze.

When you get a chance, you'll have to fill me in on the wedding. But only if you want to. I completely understand.

Have a Happy Turkey Day, and have fun this weekend relaxing and getting some stamping/tag & card making 'Jo' time in!