Saturday, July 19, 2008

The artist within

I've created a monster. The minute my kiddo expressed interest in crayons, I went out and purchased them. Oooh...a little artist within, I mused.

Ha! She had been wondering about the house with a black crayon and a spiral notebook. Which I allowed, I don't know why. Well, our little artist decided she'd go and mark up my carpet on the staircase. Harry discovered it while Emma and I were out of the house at the library this morning. The first thing he said was, do you have carpet cleaner? Mother's intuition -- I knew it was the black crayon. Harry and I were on our hands and knees this afternoon for about 2 hours scrubbing the crayon out of the carpet. Luckily, the carpet cleaner worked. Harry and I laughed a bit as we scrubbed...I said at least she was consistent I said --- she marked every OTHER stair and made sure she got every landing. I told him it's his fault, he's the left brained one. Sigh.

BTW, if you ever need to know about removing crayon or markers, etc., from any type of material go to the Crayola site. They have every solution possible that you can think of. So I'm NOT the only parent to have an artist within, I'm afraid.

The hubby is still suffering from kidney stones. Not fun. He's been home for over a month now and is scheduled for an MRI on Monday. I just wish that it was over for his sake. I hate seeing him in pain -- he's not one to get seriously sick. Usually its a bug and he's back to his normal self.

I bought some brand new rubber stamps from Stampin' UP! and I haven't had a chance to play with them yet. I have yet to mount them, they are still in the box. The retired stamp list is out, so if you want the PDF, let me know. I won't be going to convention this year and the new catalog won't be mailed out to me until August. Looking forward to seeing all the new stamp designs and accessories!

Yesterday I mowed the lawn and got most of the weeds pulled. Those poor gerbera daisies are still sitting on my porch. Three more to plant! Maybe tomorrow if I can stand up -- my legs are killing me with all that exercise. It just reminds me how out of shape I am! I ache in places I didn't know I had!

Well, here's my lone post for the week. Maybe I'll have more time next week!

No comments: