Saturday, August 21, 2010

Vacation!

I am on vacation for two weeks. This week I've been trying to carve out some time to make a few cards and create a few scrapbook pages. I've been successful on both accounts. It seems that once I get started, things seem to just flow. I noticed that if I don't stamp or scrapbook on a regular basis I find it hard to pick up the craft and get started again. I must make a mental note to make a regular appointment for myself.

Already thinking of making samples for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas cards. I haven't decided yet whether to do the usual craft fair the second week in November. I've skipped it two years in a row. Just not sure I will have enough time this year. Why?? Well, read on...

We are expecting our first grandchild on December 30. We just found out on Monday that it will be a BOY! We are thrilled. I get to purchase boy "stuff". I also need to start finding some boy-themed scrapbook items! I'm still not sure about being a grandparent at my age, but it's beginning to grow on me. I guess the positive part is that I'll be young enough to run and play with them. I wish my mom was still here to see her first great-grandchild. She would've been so thrilled.

Well, calling it a night. We have a huge day tomorrow. Our church, St. Mary's is celebrating its 125th Anniversary. The bishop will be in town to celebrate and formally install our new priest, Father Andrew Thomas or Father "T", as he likes to be called. Should be fun!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh, please participate in the craft fair this year! This town will be missing out on some fabulous creations if you don't!!!