Monday, March 16, 2009

The BIG 40

A woman never reveals her age. Unless of course, it's a huge one. Last week Sunday was my birthday. As I look back now I recall 40 being REALLY OLD. It is hilarious for me to say now that 40 is not really old at all. I don't feel any older except for certain days when I'm sitting on the floor with my 4 1/2 year old and I try to get up off the floor. Or the day I was vacuuming the entire house from top to bottom and my lower back was about to seize up and quit. But personality-wise, I consider myself to be quite young.

I have an intern at work that could be my son and a co-worker that could be my daughter. They sure do keep me young. I always wondered if I would be able to offer the "younger set" any good, solid advice and would they really listen to me? My own kid who is their age doesn't take me seriously. But remarkably, they do listen to what I have to say. With age comes experience. Go ask an 80 year old anything and you'll see what I mean. While talking with the intern the other day, we laughed when I said in 20 years, you'll be my age and then you'll understand exactly what I'm talking about and I'll be 60ish and saying "Remember when I said..." It is nice to have young kids around.

In honor of my 40th birthday, I am giving anyone that orders $40 or more (not including shipping or tax) a free gift! Order an additional $10 and you can select a free stamp set (Sale-A-Bration is going on strong until March 31st!). Order from my website and you'll receive a FREE catalog while supplies last! How cool is THAT? So run to my website and place an order!

Time for bed, this old lady is tired!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Jo! Hope you celebrated in style. Oh, and by the way - you are an *excellent* source for advice. Why do you think I bounce so many things off of you? You're definitely one of the people I think of when I ask myself, "What would [Jo] do?" Hey - WWJD - too funny!